Applied Pistol 1Regular price $110.00 Save $-110.00
This one-day course is designed to provide students with the knowledge, skills, and experience necessary to handle and shoot a pistol in a practical setting safely and effectively. The course typically covers topics such as shooting fundamentals, drawing from the holster, reloading techniques, clearing malfunctions, multiple target and barricade engagements, shooting on the move, movement to cover, shooting under stress, and tactical considerations. Students will be given the opportunity to practice their shooting skills through a variety of drills and exercises designed to simulate real-world scenarios. The goal of the course is to help students challenge themselves while developing the confidence and competence necessary to use a pistol safely and effectively in a practical and potentially chaotic setting.
At the conclusion of this class, the student will demonstrate proficient pistol handling and applying techniques learned throughout the day while utilizing their chosen defensive pistol of choice. This course will be conducted in an outdoor setting, which may occur during times of inclement weather. A certificate will be provided upon successful completion of the course.
This class is taught by a seasoned law enforcement officer and military veteran who has years of military, patrol, and tactical team (SWAT) experience.
Cost - $110 / range fee (due on the day of the course – current fee $8 cash or check)
- Open to all
- Desire to learn
- Basic knowledge and application of firearms safety and a keen understanding of pistol fundamentals (this course is not for someone brand new to pistol shooting)
Date of Course – July 15, 2023 - 9am to 5pm
Location – Whittecar Rifle & Pistol Range – Hamilton, MT
- Drawing from the holster
- Reloading techniques
- Clearing malfunctions
- Multiple target engagements
- Movement to cover
- Shooting positions
- One-handed shooting
- Shooting on the move
- Shooting from cover and concealment
- Shooting under stress
- Tactical & Equipment Considerations
- Modern semi-auto pistol of choice
- Outside the waistband (OWB) Holster
- Sturdy/Tactical/Operational type belt for holster and magazine pouches
- 3 magazines and a way to carry them (belt mounted pouch is required)
- 300 Rounds of ammunition
- Ear Protection
- Eye Protection
- Note Taking Equipment
- Additional appropriate gear for the season (rain jacket, ball cap, etc.)
*Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or desire to use a loaner handgun, tactical/operational belt and pouches or other requisite equipment for this course.